Last updated on 10 September 2021.
We respect your privacy and also take the protection of your privacy seriously. This Privacy Statement is intended to give you a clear idea of how we use your personal data, the efforts we make to protect your personal data, the rights and options you have for controlling the data you provide, and the protection of your privacy. This privacy statement includes the following:
- The personal data that we process
- The specific goal and basis upon which we process your personal data
- How long we retain your personal data
- Information on sharing your personal data with third parties
- Cookies or similar technologies that we use
- Information about how you can review, modify, and remove your personal data
- How we secure your personal data
Who is collecting or processing your personal data?
Gorter Group B.V., with registered offices at Zuiderweg 12 in Schagen, Nederland, is responsible for all personal data collected via the website www.gortergroup.com or through the purchase of our services, use of our tool, requesting of information or samples, or subscribing to our newsletters.
Gorter Group B.V.
+31 224 21 98 60
Franc Komrij is the Data Protection Officer at Gorter Group B.V. He can be reached at email@example.com.
The personal data that we process
We process your personal data because you use our services or provide them to us yourself.
Below is an overview of the personal data that we process:
- Company name
- First name, surname, and gender
- Address information
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Other personal data that you actively provide, e.g. by indicating your position or your interest in a product. This can be indicated on the website, in correspondence, or by telephone.
- Internet browser and device type.
Some personal data is entered into required fields on the website (indicated with an asterisk [*]). This information is required to offer the requested services, such as sending information or a quote.
The specific goal and basis upon which we process your personal data
We process your personal data with the following objectives:
- Sending a quote.
- Sending our newsletter.
- Calling or emailing you if necessary to provide our services.
- Informing you of changes to our services and products.
- In order to deliver goods or services to you.
How long we retain your personal data
We do not store your personal data for longer than is absolutely necessary to achieve the objectives for which your data was collected. We employ the following retention periods for personal data:
- Newsletters: when unsubscribing to newsletters, data related to this newsletter will be removed within two weeks after an opt-out has been selected.
- When requesting information, quotes, or brochures, your data will not be stored for more than seven years.
- If you establish a business relationship with is, such as through the purchase of a product or product sample, data will be retained for the duration of the business relationship followed by a period of up to seven years after the termination of said relationship.
Sharing personal data with third parties
We share your personal data with different third parties if it is necessary for executing the agreement and to meet any legal requirements. We make a Processor Agreement with any businesses that process your data under assignment from us in order to ensure the same level of security and confidentiality for your data. We are still responsible for these processes.
Third parties and the objectives of data sharing:
- Sharing with consultants and parties operating under assignment from us with the goal of providing mailings, improving the website(s) (which includes checking and improving the forms on the website). These processing parties will also have access to the Google Analytics data for our website, which is used for improving the user experience and conversion recording on the website.
- Recording data in our (online) CRM package with the objective of sending you the desired information/materials, such as offers or our newsletter, calling or emailing you if necessary to provide our services, informing you of changes to our services and products, or to deliver goods or services to you.
Cookies or similar technologies that we use
The Analytics cookies that we use come from Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. We have entered into a processing agreement with Google, for a correct processing in accordance with privacy legislation. Within Google Analytics, we have anonymized IP addresses, and turned off data sharing with Google. Also, no use is made of other Google services in combination with Google Analytics cookies.
Reviewing, modifying, and removing data
You are entitled to review, correct, and remove your personal data. You also have the right to retract any consent given for data processing or to object to the processing of your personal data as well as the right to data transferability. That means that you can submit a request for us to send you or another organisation you specify the personal data that we have collected about you as a computer file.
You can send any requests for review, correction, removal, transfer of your personal data, consent withdrawal, or objection to processing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to be sure that the request for review has been made by you, we ask that you send a copy of your ID with the request. In this copy of your ID or passport, make sure that the MRZ—machine readable zone, the area with the numbers at the bottom of the passport—the passport number, and the burgerservicenummer (BSN - comparable to the National Insurance number) is not legible. This is for the protection of your privacy. We will respond to your request as soon as possible, but within four weeks at the latest.
We would also like to inform you that you have the option to submit a complaint to the national supervisory body, the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens (Personal data authority). This can be done via the following link: https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/en.
How we secure your personal data
We take the protection of your data extremely seriously and take the appropriate measures to combat abuse, loss, unauthorised access, undesired publication, and unlawful modification of that data. If you get the impression that your data is not being secured properly or there are indications of abuse, please contact us by telephone on:
+31 224 21 98 60 or at email@example.com.
Changes to the Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to change this Privacy Statement. The date above indicates when the latest changes were implemented. We recommend that you regularly consult our Privacy Statement so that you are up to date on these changes.