The Driestar student housing complex in Gouda is getting a 700 x 1400 mm Gorter roof hatch with ladder. The existing building is being substantially extended to allow colleagues now working at the Ridderkerk site to be able to work in Gouda.
Roof hatch with high thermal insulation value
This construction project constitutes a major investment in sustainability. It will feature a thermal energy storage system, which will store warm or cold energy in the ground. This system will heat up or cool the building down. Solar collectors will be installed on the student housing. In order to gain access to the roof to service the solar collectors, a Gorter roof hatch has been fitted in combination with a ladder. This roof hatch has an insulation value of Uw ≤ 0,319 W/(m².K)
The Gorter roof hatch
- Thermally separated and Thermal separated and insulated construction
- Counterbalance system to assist opening and control closing.
- Release button and auto-lock in open position
- A diagonal grap rail is provided to safely access and exit the roof hatch
- Wind and watertight sealing between cover and curb
- The roof hatch is equipped with a euro cylinder lock
Access to roof with solar collectors
A Gorter roof hatch is a practical and cost-effective solution to gain access to solar collectors on the roof. The roof hatch can be used in new building and existing projects. Of course, a roof hatch can also be fitted not only to access solar collectors but also air conditioning systems and window cleaning installations. What's more, the roof hatch facilitates access to the roof to carry out roof inspections.