Special dimensions:........ x ........ mm
- Maximum size: 2500 x 5000 mm
- Special sizes are supplied in aluminium
Gorter® - completely assembled with:
- Thermal separated and insulated construction
- Counterbalancing system for assisted opening and controlled closing
- Wind and weathertight double sealing
- Lid that engages automatically in open position, with one hand release
- Two point latch for inside operation, with padlock hasps.
- Diagonal handrail to safely enter and leave roof hatch
- Option: four powerful motors with closure order control
- Resistance to permanent loads (Eurocode EN 1993-1-1): 1050 kg/m²
- Sound reduction (EN-ISO140-3): 26 dB
- Watertightness (EN 12208): Class E 650
- Resistance to wind load (EN 12210): Class E 3000
- Resistance to snow loads (EN 1991-1-3): 3.97kN/m²
- Impact hard body (EN 356): Class P5A
- Impact soft body (EN 13049): Class 5
- Air permeability (EN 12207): Class 3
Powder coated in RAL7047 (outside) and RAL9010 (inside).
- Lid is provided with internal stiffeners, small welding spots can show on outside
- To prevent damage and deformation don’t open lid with strong winds.
Gorter® Electrical Operation
Depending on the access door type, the weight of the cover and the application, we can install one or more gear rack drives. These drives are available in 24 Vdc or 230 Vac.
Operation and control 230Vac
This is the simplest system with 1 motor. It can be operated with an integrated or surface-mounted switch, not included.
Operation and control 24Vdc
Operation of one or more drives is controlled by a control box with rectifier that is connected to the electricity network.
- Communication with central alarm system, possibly combined with emergency switch
- Operation control of other objects
- Control by automatic detectors - smoke, rain, wind, fire etc.
- Automatic sequence control of two covers that are overlapping
- Automatic stop in case of unequal load or overload
Depending on the features we will recommend a suitable control box type.
Emergency hatches and doors:
It is of life importance that an emergency door opens after a break down of the electrical system. For those reasons a control box can be provided with a built-in emergency power pack.
The drives and the wiring must be installed by a certified installer.
Roof hatch RHT brochure2.71 MB
User information roof hatches2.30 MB
Drawing roof hatch RHTD double lid flat465.30 KB
Installation roof hatch on concrete upstand42.61 KB
Installation roof hatch on concrete or steel roof45.29 KB
Installation roof hatch on concrete roof41.13 KB
Installation roof hatch on concrete roof insulated53.77 KB
Two point latch1.72 MB
Gorter roof hatches with two covers can be used as material or lifting hatches, but in most situations, they provide practical and safe access to flat roofs for maintenance work. Roof hatches can be installed on flat roofs with a maximum slope of 30°.
Gorter roof hatches with two flat covers are available when the width (standard clearance) is larger than 1,150 mm.
Electronically controlled roof hatches with two covers must have a width of at least 1,250 mm.
This roof hatch can be used on roofs with a suitable slope or pitch. If the roof does not have a slope or you want to use the hatch in an area with heavy snowfall, it is better to choose the RHTD with two sloping covers.
Fully thermally broken
The Gorter RHTD roof hatch with two flat covers has a fully thermally broken curb and cover, and a proven high insulation value. This minimises the chance of condensation forming and guarantees energy cost savings.
Gorter RHT roof hatch with two covers:
- TÜV NORD, KOMO® certified and Aboma safety mark
- Fully thermally broken curb and cover
- Safe to operate with one hand or electric controller
- 10-year warranty on the roof hatch
- High-quality construction
- Burglar- and sound-proof
Read more about the advantages of Gorter roof hatches here