Roof hatch to access roof for its maintenance
Gorter supplied the Caractér apartment building in Zoetermeer with a RHT 9090 with ladder. The roof hatch measuring 900 x 900 mm offers direct roof access to allow the maintenance of that roof. Once completed, the Caractér development will house a total of fifty-three apartments of various dimensions. Each apartment has a balcony or roof terrace.
This Gorter roof hatch meets the most stringent safety requirements for access to the roof:
- The roof hatch can be opened and closed with one hand
- It locks automatically in the open position
- A diagonal grap rail provides a good hold when accessing or exiting the roof hatch
- After roof access, the closed roof hatch offers complete fall prevention
- The roof hatch features assisted opening and controlled closing, which means that it cannot fall back suddenly.
Roof hatch offers roof access to maintain the roof
A common application of the roof hatch is to provide access to the roof for maintenance. For instance, this might be necessary for the inspection of the roofing and preventive cleaning of drains. The Gorter ladder which is combined with the roof hatch is normally secured to the wall and is therefore not in the way. The ladder is hooked over the fixed step under the roof hatch only for the maintenance work. The two locks fitted to the ladder ensure safe access to the roof at all times.