Special size: ........ x ........ mm
- Sizes > 1150 x 4500 mm are supplied with double lid (RHT-D).
- Special sizes are supplied in aluminium
Gorter® - completely assembled with:
- Thermal separated and insulated aluminium construction
- Counterbalancing system for assisted opening and controlled closing
- Double wind and weather tight sealing between lid and curb
- Lid that engages automatically in open position, with one hand release
- Three point Eurocylinder lock (31 x 70 mm) with 3 keys, inside and outside operation
- Opening length > 1501 mm with 3-point lock.
- Diagonal handrail to safely enter and leave roof hatch
- Sizes > 3000 mm with electrically operated
- Resistance to permanent loads (Eurocode EN 1993-1-1): 1050 kg/m²
- Sound reduction (EN-ISO140-3): 26 dB
- Watertightness (EN 12208): Class E 650
- Resistance to wind load (EN 12210): Class E 3000
- Resistance to snow loads (EN 1991-1-3): 3.97kN/m²
- Impact hard body (EN 356): Class P5A
- Impact soft body (EN 13049): Class 5
- Air permeability (EN 12207): Class 3
Standard powder coating:
Powder coated in RAL7047 (outside) and RAL9010 (inside).
- Lid is provided with internal stiffeners, small welding spots can show on outside
- To prevent damage and deformation don’t open lid with strong winds.
Gorter® Electrical Operation
Electrical operation - TIM50
The Gorter TIM50 electrical operation is a solution, which can be fitted on any Gorter RHT roof hatch in special sizes. The two powerful electric motors are always fitted as a pair on both sides of the lid. The motors are pre-fitted from the factory.
Operation and control 230Vac
The Gorter TIM50 is a system with two motors and a control unit. As a standard the system is supplied with a compact surface mount keypad and wireless remote control for easy operation.
The drives and the wiring must be installed by a certified installer
Electrical operation for linking to a fire alarm systems
Depending on the access door type, the weight of the cover and the application, we can install one or more gear rack drives. These drives are available in 24 Vdc or 230 Vac.
Operation and control 230Vac
This is the simplest system with 1 motor. It can be operated with an integrated or surface-mounted switch, not included.
Operation and control 24Vdc
Operation of one or more drives is controlled by a control box with rectifier that is connected to the electricity network.
- Communication with central alarm system, possibly combined with emergency switch
- Operation control of other objects
- Control by automatic detectors - smoke, rain, wind, fire etc.
- Automatic sequence control of two covers that are overlapping
- Automatic stop in case of unequal load or overload
Depending on the features we will recommend a suitable control box type.
Emergency hatches and doors:
It is of life importance that an emergency door opens after a break down of the electrical system. For those reasons a control box can be provided with a built-in emergency power pack.
The drives and the wiring must be installed by a certified installer.
Roof hatch RHT brochure2.71 MB
User information roof hatches2.30 MB
Installation roof hatch on concrete upstand42.61 KB
Installation roof hatch on concrete or steel roof45.29 KB
Installation roof hatch on concrete roof41.13 KB
Installation roof hatch on concrete roof insulated53.77 KB
Two point latch1.72 MB
Gorter roof hatches in special sizes can be used as material or lifting hatches, but in most situations, they provide practical and safe access to flat roofs for maintenance work. Roof hatches can be installed on flat roofs with a maximum slope of 30°.
Gorter roof hatches are available in special sizes, those larger than 1,150 x 4,500 mm being supplied with two covers as an RHT-D roof hatch. Sizes larger than 1,500 mm are fitted with a three-point Euro cylinder lock. Sizes larger than 2,500 mm are supplied with a two-point lock ready to fit a padlock. Sizes larger than 3,000 mm are supplied as standard with type TIM35 electric controllers.
Fully thermally broken
The Gorter RHT roof hatch has a fully thermally broken curb and cover, and a proven high insulation value. This minimises the chance of condensation forming and guarantees energy cost savings.
Customised Gorter RHT roof hatch:
- TÜV NORD, KOMO® certified and Aboma safety mark
- Fully thermally broken curb and cover
- Safe to operate with one hand or electric controller
- 10-year warranty on the roof hatch
- High-quality aluminium construction, 3x lighter than steel, strong and corrosion-free
- Burglar- and sound-proof
Read more about the advantages of Gorter roof hatches here