An explosion vent roof hatch - also known as an explosion vent or explosion hatch - has an Explosion Release Control (ERC) which ensures that the hatch unlocks automatically in the event of an unexpected pressure build-up. The opening pressure is 100 kg. In addition to explosion vent roof hatches, Gorter also supplies explosion vent hatches for façades.
Explosion vent hatch usage
Gorter explosion vent roof hatches can be installed on flat roofs with any pitch. The cover of the hatch must not be impeded by obstacles inside or out.
Fully thermally broken
The Gorter explosion vent roof hatch has a fully thermally isolated curb and cover, and a proven high insulation value. This minimises the chance of condensation forming and guarantees energy cost savings.
Gorter explosion vent roof hatch:
- In standard and special sizes
- TÜV NORD, KOMO® certified and Aboma safety mark
- EN 1991-1-7:2006
- Gorter Explosion Release Control (ERC), European patent no. 1870542
- Fully thermally broken curb and cover
- 10-year warranty on the roof hatch
- Fast delivery
- High-quality aluminium construction 3x lighter than steel, strong and corrosion-free
- Burglar- and sound-proof
Note: the size of the explosion vent opening should be calculated by an expert engineer.