Also applicable for roof access.
Type - Standard opening size in mm:
- RHTX1010 - 1000 x 1000 / 58 kg
- RHTX1015 - 1000 x 1500 / 72 kg
- RHTX1020 - 1000 x 2000 / 87 kg
(Hinge side = long side)
Special size:........ x ........ mm
Gorter® - completely assembled, surface mounted with:
- Thermal separated and insulated construction
- Counterbalancing system for assisted opening and controlled closing
- Diagonal hand rail on lid inside to safely enter and leave roof hatch
- Double sealing for water and weather tightness
- Fully opened lid engages automatically, with release button
- Lock: ERC-Explosion Release Control, inside operation.
- ERC-Explosion Release Control: release at a pressure increase > 1,0 kN on inside lid (Patent No. 1870542)
Performance according to CE (ETA-15/0338):
- Resistance to permanent loads (Eurocode EN 1993-1-1): 1050 kg/m²
Insulating (EN-ISO10077-2): Uw ≤ 0,32 W/(m².K)
- Sound reduction (EN-ISO140-3): 26 dB
- Watertightness (EN 12208): Class E 650
- Resistance to wind load (EN 12210): Class E 3000
- Resistance to snow loads (EN 1991-1-3): 3.97kN/m²
- Impact hard body (EN 356): Class P5A
- Impact soft body (EN 13049): Class 5
- Air permeability (EN 12207): Class 3
Standard powder coated:
- RAL7047 (outside) and RAL9010 (inside)
Overview brochure1.93 MB
Technical Data Sheet - Roof Hatches RHT/RHTEI/RHTX154.82 KB
User information roof hatches2.30 MB
Installation roof hatch on concrete upstand42.61 KB
Installation roof hatch on concrete or steel roof45.29 KB
Installation roof hatch on concrete roof41.13 KB
Installation roof hatch on concrete roof insulated53.77 KB
Declaration of performance CE roof hatch RHTX245.15 KB
KOMO Certificate: Roof hatch RHT120.07 KB
TÜV NORD Certificate: Roof hatch with ladder, scissor stairs and fixed stairs670.29 KB
AMOLF FOM Report: Explosion vent for installation on roofs163.19 KB
Would you like to request a quote for a roof hatch with stairs or ladder? Click here.
An explosion vent roof hatch - also known as an explosion vent or explosion hatch - has an Explosion Release Control (ERC) which ensures that the hatch unlocks automatically in the event of an unexpected pressure build-up. The opening pressure is 100 kg. In addition to explosion vent roof hatches, Gorter also supplies explosion vent hatches for façades.
Explosion vent hatch usage
Gorter explosion vent roof hatches can be installed on flat roofs with any pitch. The cover of the hatch must not be impeded by obstacles inside or out.
Fully thermally broken
The Gorter explosion vent roof hatch has a fully thermally isolated curb and cover, and a proven high insulation value. This minimises the chance of condensation forming and guarantees energy cost savings.
Gorter explosion vent roof hatch:
- In standard and special sizes
- TÜV NORD, KOMO® certified and Aboma safety mark
- EN 1991-1-7:2006
- Gorter Explosion Release Control (ERC), European patent no. 1870542
- Fully thermally broken curb and cover
- 10-year warranty on the roof hatch
- Fast delivery
- High-quality construction
- Burglar- and sound-proof
Note: the size of the explosion vent opening should be calculated by an expert engineer.