Roof hatch, type RHT1015
Standard opening size: 1000 x 1500 mm (Hinge side = long side)
Weight: 84 kg
Gorter® - completely assembled with:
- Thermal separated and insulated construction
- Counterbalancing system for assisted opening and controlled closing
- Double sealing for water and weather tightness
- Fully opened lid engages automatically, with release button
- Diagonal hand rail to safely enter and leave roof hatch
- Stainless steel Eurocylinder lock, in- and outside operation
CodeMark certified for Australia & New Zealand
- Australia CM70087, New Zealand CM70088
Performance according to CE (ETA-15/0338):
- Resistance to permanent loads (Eurocode EN 1993-1-1): 1050 kg/m²
- Sound reduction (EN-ISO140-3): 26 dB
- Watertightness (EN 12208): Class E 650
- Resistance to wind load (EN 12210): Class E 3000
- Resistance to snow loads (EN 1991-1-3): 3.97kN/m²
- Impact hard body (EN 356): Class P5A
- Impact soft body (EN 13049): Class 5
- Air permeability (EN 12207): Class 3
RHT powder coating:
Outside: powder coated in RAL7047
Inside: powder coated in white RAL 9010 (optional black RAL9004)
Scissor stair, type XL
- For structural opening size (W x L x H) 1000 x 1300 x 250 mm
- With sealing all around
Ceiling height: ........ mm, standard 3000 mm
to be specified from top of floor to bottom of cover.
Option: up to 3500 mm (type XL-H).
- Material: cast aluminium
- Size steps: 480 x 140 x 26 mm, anti-skid
- Distance between steps: ca. 250 mm depending on ceiling height
- Steps can be levelled horizontally
Projection while opening:
Max. 600 mm at ceiling height 3000 mm (type XL)
Max. 850 mm at ceiling height 3500 mm (type XL-H)
- Hook and eye
- Stair guide control system
- 2 x handrail, prepared for padlock, to secure retracted stairs
Extension of scissor stair in plenum (option):
The stair can de extended to bridge the distance between ceiling and roof hatch in cases where it is mounted in a suspended ceiling/plenum
Gorter® Electrical Operation of Roof Hatches and Floor Doors
Standard Electrical operation - GT35
The Gorter GT35 electrical operation is a solution, which can be fitted on any standard Gorter RHT roof hatch. The two powerful electric motors are always fitted as a pair on both sides of the lid.
- Roof hatches type RHT standard
Operation and control 230Vac
The Gorter GT35 is a system with two motors and a control unit. The system comes standard with a wireless remote control and a compact control panel. The keypad connected with signal cable can be installed remote from control unit.
Control unit: 265 x 105 x 40 mm
Keypad: +/- 70 x 50 x 10 mm
Length of signal/power cable motors: 2 m
The drives and the wiring must be installed by a certified installer
Operation for a hatch with double lids
Depending on the access door type, the weight of the cover and the application, we can install one or more gear rack drives. These drives are available in 24 Vdc or 230 Vac.
Operation and control 230Vac
This is the simplest system with 1 motor. It can be operated with an integrated or surface-mounted switch, not included.
Operation and control 24Vdc
Operation of one or more drives is controlled by a control box with rectifier that is connected to the electricity network.
- Communication with central alarm system, possibly combined with emergency switch
- Operation control of other objects
- Control by automatic detectors - smoke, rain, wind, fire etc.
- Automatic sequence control of two covers that are overlapping
- Automatic stop in case of unequal load or overload
Depending on the features we will recommend a suitable control box type.
Emergency hatches and doors:
It is of life importance that an emergency door opens after a break down of the electrical system. For those reasons a control box can be provided with a built-in emergency power pack.
The drives and the wiring must be installed by a certified installer.
Extension Scissor Stairs - Attic Ladder - Type XL
Extension of types Large and XL
Safety Approval Report(EN-ISO 14122-3) available
to be specified from ceiling to roof hatch flange or roof deck.
Steps are anti-skid
Size steps: 360 x 140 x 26 mm (types Large)
Size steps: 480 x 140 x 26 mm (type XL)
Steps can be horizontally adjusted
More information? Please click Products > Ladders and stairs > Extension of scissor stairs - attic ladder
Roof hatch RHT brochure2.71 MB
Technical Data Sheet - Roof Hatches RHT / RHTEI / RHTX154.82 KB
Technical Data Sheet - Scissor stair116.96 KB
Technical Data Sheet - extension of Scissor stair224.99 KB
Technical Data Sheet - Reset / Calibration GT35 / GT50202.93 KB
User information roof hatches2.30 MB
User information scissor stairs3.30 MB
Watch the Revit instruction video
1000 x 1300 mm
1000 x 1300 mm
Watch the Revit instruction video
Installation roof hatch on concrete upstand42.61 KB
Installation roof hatch on concrete or steel roof45.29 KB
Installation roof hatch on concrete roof41.13 KB
Installation roof hatch on concrete roof insulated53.77 KB
Declaration of performance CE roof hatch RHT44.71 KB
KOMO Certificate: Roof hatch RHT120.07 KB
TÜV NORD Certificate: Roof hatch with ladder, scissor stairs and fixed stairs413.16 KB
TÜV NORD Certificate: Scissor stairs240.38 KB
Aboma Certificate: Roof hatch with scissor stairs access to a lift engine room1.20 MB
EuroSolid Report: Thermal performance Roof hatch RHT525.05 KB
Peutz Report: Sound insulation roof hatch RHT1.14 MB
SKG Report: Aluminum roof hatch ball impact test151.21 KB
Gorter roof hatches with scissor stairs provide practical and safe access to flat roofs for maintenance work or other purposes. The roof hatch can be installed on flat roofs with a maximum slope of 30°.
Access to lift machine rooms
The Gorter combination of roof hatch and type XL scissor stair was developed in part to reach higher lift machine rooms and utility rooms. The scissor stair is supplied with an Aboma certificate for access to (lift) machine rooms in accordance with EN-ISO 14122-3. The wide stair treads (480 mm) and larger roof hatch with an opening of 1,000 x 1,500 mm simplify taking materials to upper areas/roof.
Scissor stair ensures free space under the roof hatch
Roof hatches combined with a scissor stair are ideal for applications where occasional but also frequent access to the roof is required. When the scissor stair is folded, you always have free space under the hatch.
New generation Gorter RHT roof hatch
The new generation RHT roof hatches feature an extremely strong and patented construction. Thanks to several modifications, the roof hatch is even more resistant against unexpected extreme loads, both during construction and in general use.
Improved features and functionalities of the indestructible and sustainable RHT roof hatch:
- Made and Designed in Holland
- New and improved, patented indestructible construction
- Trusted, with CE(ETA) certification
- Now available directly from stock in sizes up to 1000 x 3000 mm
- Fully standardised to metric dimensioning
Fully thermally broken
The Gorter RHT roof hatch has a fully thermally broken curb and cover, and a proven high insulation value. This minimises the chance of condensation forming and guarantees energy cost savings.
Gorter RHT roof hatch with XL scissor stair for, among others, lift and machine rooms:
- Roof hatch with fully thermally broken curb and cover
- Scissor stair with Aboma certificate for access to (lift) machine rooms (EN-ISO 14122-3)
- Roof hatch safe operation with one hand
- Safe grip all the way to the roof
10-year warranty on the roof hatch, 1 year on climbing devices
- Roof hatch with optional electric control
- High-quality aluminium construction of roof hatch and scissor stair
- Euro cylinder lock with indoor and outdoor operation
- Burglar- and sound-proof roof hatch
- Fast delivery
Scissor stair extension for plenum
The type XL scissor stair can be used with an extension of scissor stair to bridge a plenum (= space between suspended ceiling and roof).
Read more about the advantages of Gorter roof hatches here