Roof hatch type RHT, standard
Standard size / Weight:
- RHT7010: 700 x 1000 mm / 56 kg (Not available in a Black Edition)
- RHT7014: 700 x 1400 mm / 68 kg
- RHT1010: 1000 x 1000 mm / 65 kg
- RHT1015: 1000 x 1500 mm / 84 kg
- RHT1020: 1000 x 2000 mm / 101 kg
- RHT1025: 1000 x 2500 mm / 120 kg
- RHT1030: 1000 x 3000 mm / 134 kg
Hinge side = long side
The three types have been removed from our program.
The RHT7090 is replaced by the RHT7010. The RHT9090 by the RHT1010 and the RHT9024 by the RHT1025.
Gorter® - completely assembled, surface mounted:
- Thermal separated and insulated construction
- Counterbalancing system for assisted opening and controlled closing
- Double sealing for weather and water tightness
- Fully opened cover engages automatically, with release button
- Diagonal handrail to safely enter and leave roof hatch
- Cylinder lock, in- and outside operation, opening length > 1501 mm with 3 point lock
CodeMark certified for Australia & New Zealand
- Australia CM70087, New Zealand CM70088
Performance according to CE (ETA-15/0338):
- Resistance to permanent loads (Eurocode EN 1993-1-1): 1050 kg/m²
- Sound reduction (EN-ISO140-3): 26 dB
- Watertightness (EN 12208): Class E 650
- Resistance to wind load (EN 12210): Class E 3000
- Resistance to snow loads (EN 1991-1-3): 3.97kN/m²
- Impact hard body (EN 356): Class P5A
- Impact soft body (EN 13049): Class 5
- Air permeability (EN 12207): Class 3
RHT powder coating:
Outside: powder coated in RAL7047
Inside: powder coated in white RAL 9010 (optional black RAL9004)
Type EL- single and OL - double or triple, depending on height.
Ladder supplied in powder-coated aluminium. Two hooks on top to be hooked over a fixed step to safely enter and leave roof hatch. Hooks can be locked (padlock by others) to prevent ladder from misuse.
Ladder can be stored in the 2 wall suspension brackets, 1 with padlock hasps (padlock by others).
Step to be fixed (by others) into roof opening near access side
Height: ........ mm
to be specified from floor to top of roof (without insulation and covering), max 7395 mm
Width: depending on length and type from 360 - 490 mm
Distance between rungs: 250 mm
Included in supply:
- 2 Fixed hooks, one provided for padlock
- 1 Step with brackets
- 2 Suspension brackets, 1 provided for padlock
Gorter® Electrical Operation of Roof Hatches and Floor Doors
Standard Electrical operation - GT35
The Gorter GT35 electrical operation is a solution, which can be fitted on any standard Gorter RHT roof hatch. The two powerful electric motors are always fitted as a pair on both sides of the lid.
- Roof hatches type RHT standard
Operation and control 230Vac
The Gorter GT35 is a system with two motors and a control unit. The system comes standard with a wireless remote control and a compact control panel. The keypad connected with signal cable can be installed remote from control unit.
Control unit: 265 x 105 x 40 mm
Keypad: +/- 70 x 50 x 10 mm
Length of signal/power cable motors: 2 m
The drives and the wiring must be installed by a certified installer
Operation for a hatch with double lids
Depending on the access door type, the weight of the cover and the application, we can install one or more gear rack drives. These drives are available in 24 Vdc or 230 Vac.
Operation and control 230Vac
This is the simplest system with 1 motor. It can be operated with an integrated or surface-mounted switch, not included.
Operation and control 24Vdc
Operation of one or more drives is controlled by a control box with rectifier that is connected to the electricity network.
- Communication with central alarm system, possibly combined with emergency switch
- Operation control of other objects
- Control by automatic detectors - smoke, rain, wind, fire etc.
- Automatic sequence control of two covers that are overlapping
- Automatic stop in case of unequal load or overload
Depending on the features we will recommend a suitable control box type.
Emergency hatches and doors:
It is of life importance that an emergency door opens after a break down of the electrical system. For those reasons a control box can be provided with a built-in emergency power pack.
The drives and the wiring must be installed by a certified installer.
Roof hatch RHT brochure2.71 MB
Technical Data Sheet - Roof Hatches RHT / RHTEI / RHTX154.82 KB
Technical Data Sheet - Ladder606.47 KB
Technical Data Sheet - Reset / Calibration GT35 / GT50202.93 KB
User information roof hatches2.30 MB
User information ladders1.60 MB
| REVIT |
|RHT7090 *|| |
|RHT9090 *|| |
Watch the Revit instruction video
* H = max floor height
Installation roof hatch on concrete upstand42.61 KB
Installation roof hatch on concrete or steel roof45.29 KB
Installation roof hatch on concrete roof41.13 KB
Installation roof hatch on concrete roof insulated53.77 KB
Declaration of performance CE roof hatch RHT44.71 KB
KOMO Certificate: Roof hatch RHT120.07 KB
TÜV NORD Certificate: roof hatch with ladder, scissor stairs and fixed stairs670.29 KB
Aboma Certificate: roof hatch with ladder939.26 KB
EuroSolid Report: Thermal performance Roof hatch RHT525.05 KB
Peutz Report: Sound insulation roof hatch RHT1.14 MB
SKG Report: Aluminum roof hatch ball impact test151.21 KB
Gorter roof hatches with ladders provide practical and safe access to flat roofs for maintenance work as well as access to cooling installations, lift machine rooms, window cleaning installations, solar collectors, and other facilities on rooftops. Roof hatches can be installed on flat roofs with a maximum slope of 30°.
Depending on the floor height, the Gorter combination of roof hatch and ladder is available with a single, double or triple extension ladder. The Gorter ladder is supplied as standard with suspension brackets for safe storage when the ladder is not in use. This combination is ideal for infrequent use of the roof hatch. For more frequent use, we recommend a roof hatch with scissor stairs or fixed staircase.
New generation Gorter RHT roof hatch
The new generation RHT roof hatches feature an extremely strong and patented construction. Thanks to several modifications, the roof hatch is even more resistant against unexpected extreme loads, both during construction and in general use.
Improved features and functionalities of the indestructible and sustainable RHT roof hatch:
- Made and Designed in Holland
- New and improved, patented indestructible construction
- Trusted, with CE(ETA) certification
- Fully standardised to metric dimensioning
Fully thermally broken
The Gorter RHT roof hatch has a fully thermally broken curb and cover, and a proven high insulation value. This minimises the chance of condensation forming and guarantees energy cost savings.
Gorter RHT roof hatch with ladder:
- Roof hatch with fully thermally broken curb and cover
- Roof hatch safe operation with one hand
- Safe grip all the way to the roof
10-year warranty on the roof hatch, 1 year on climbing devices
- Optional electric control of roof hatch
- High-quality aluminium construction of hatch and ladder
- Euro cylinder lock with indoor and outdoor operation
- Burglar- and sound-proof roof hatch
- Wall brackets and ladder with padlock fixture to prevent unwanted removal of the ladder
- Fast delivery
Read more about the advantages of Gorter roof hatches here